|We do:||We donít|
|understand governance||risk reputations|
|make whistleblowing work||make it up as we go along|
|add real value to risk management||forget commercial interests|
|deliver training, reviews and surveys||advise on specific legal cases|
Public Concern at Work was established in 1993 to develop a new approach to whistleblowing. We promote practical arrangements which help organisations to manage themselves better and to demonstrate this to their people and other stakeholders. We are uniquely placed to improve the accountability of the organisation and the responsibility of those who work there.
Public Concern at Work are the experts:
- our practical experience is unrivalled Ė we have given confidential advice on over 10,000 prospective and actual whistleblowing issues;
- our approach emphasises open and local reporting that strengthens management accountability rather than the mistrust and problems that can be fostered by anonymous informing;
- we won the competitive tender to provide whistleblowing support to the third largest organisation in the world, the NHS, from 2008-2011;
- organisations which use our support packages include the following household names: AIB, Argos, Audit Commission, Bank of Ireland, Biffa, the Co-operative Group, CIMA, Homebase, Imperial Tobacco, ITV, International Power, Irish Life, LCH Clearnet, Lloyds TSB, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, Scope, Total, George Wimpey, Yorkshire Building Society and many more; and
- we helped devise and promote the UKís Public Interest Disclosure Act and advised on whistleblowing legislation overseas, including in Japan and South Africa.